Our main goal of autism awareness is to bring together parents with children on the autism spectrum to offer psycosocial support.
- Liaise and create linkages with hospitals and professionals to facilitate early diagnosis and interventions for children with autism.
- Create awareness on autism and sensitise the community on needs and care of the children
- Promote the right to education for children with autism
- Advocate for the employment of persons with autism. DTSK will advocate for the young persons with specific skills to be given opportunities to exploit them in the world of work through linking them with institutions offering services commensurate to their skills.
- Increase awareness at community level on the needs of children with autism. This will reduce the stigma associated with the condition. Increased acceptance of these children and persons will lead to increased opportunities for them in all spheres of life.